Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Feeling more human....

As-salaam alaykum all. I decided to remove the blog because I was feeling like it was a constant pity party. Well, now that I am beginning to feel more like myself everyday, i figure I will give it another go. I realize I will still have a ton of Doctors appointments over the next 6 months or so, but just to feel a little more like my old self is a reason for celebration in my own opinion. Maybe I can focus on the things I am getting back to, like almost 24 hours without a pain pill, or the fact that I can wear shoes that I love and have been mourning while looking at my massively swollen feet for the past 8 or 9 months (my favorite doc martens and second favorite Mary Jane Birks.)

So for now I will focus on making a list of all the things that I am getting back to. I am sure everyone is with me in my fight back to normalcy.

1 comment:

Sakeena said...

Assalaamualaikum UmmZak! I've been thinking about you. I'm sorry I haven't kept in touch like I should have, but I just read your posts from the past few months and am SO happy for you how far you have come alhamdulillah. You are such a strong person and may Allah make you stronger for this hardship you have faced. I sincerely admire you. I am going to add you to my special Ramadan du'a list insha'Allah. Please remember me in yours. <3 Sakeena